- BA (University of Victoria)
- MA (McMaster University)
- PhD (McMaster University)
- Urban Aboriginal Issues
- Métis History and Contemporary Issues
- Trans-national migration and globalization
- Regional Food Systems
Evans, Mike, Adrian Miller, Peter Hutchinson and Carlene Dingwall. “De-Colonizing Research Practice: Indigenous Methodologies, Aboriginal Methods, and Knowledge/Knowing”, in Oxford Handbook of Qualitative Research. Patricia Leavy (ed.) New York: NY, Oxford University Press, 2014. 179-191.
Ferguson, Hazel and Mike Evans, with the with the Northern Rivers Landed Histories Research Group. “Post-organic? The cultural dimensions of organic farming in the Northern Rivers of NSW” Locale: The Australasian-Pacific Journal of Regional Food Studies 3.1(2013): 1-28.
Evans, Mike, Jean Barman, and Gabrielle Legault, with Erin Dolmage and Geoff Appleby. “Métis Networks in British Columbia: Examples from the Central Interior” in Contours of a People: Family, Mobility and Territoriality in Metis History., edited by Nicole St-Onge, Carolyn Podruchny and Brenda Macdougall. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2012.
Evans, Mike, Chris Andersen, Devin Dietrich, Carrie Bourassa, Tricia Logan, Lawrence D. Berg and Elizabeth Devolder. “Funding and Ethics in Métis Community Based Research: The Complications of a Contemporary Context” International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies 5.1 (2012): 54-66.
Evans, Mike, Stephen Foster, Jon Corbett, Erin Dolmage, Joanne Gervais, Raquel Mann, and Zachary Romano. “Representation in Participatory Video: Some Considerations from Research with Métis.” Journal of Canadian Studies 43.1 (2009): 87-108.
Evans, Mike, Rachelle Hole, Lawrence Berg. Peter Hutchinson, Dixon Sookraj, and the Okanagan Urban Aboriginal Research Health Collective. Common Insights, Differing Methodologies: Towards a Fusion of Indigenous Methodologies, Participatory Action Research, and White Studies in an Urban Aboriginal Research Agenda. Qualitative Inquiry 15.5 (2009): 893-910.
- Evans, Mike, Marcelle Gareau, Leona Nielson, Lisa Krebs, and Heidi Standeven (eds) 2007 What it is to be a Métis. Prince George: University of Northern British Columbia Press. Originally published 1999 - reprinted April 2007.
- Wagner, John and Mike Evans, eds. 2007 Special Issue: Property and Ecology in Oceania. Special Issue of Human Organization, Human Organization 66(1).
- Evans, Mike 2007 “Property, Propriety, and Ecology in Contemporary Tonga” Human Organization 66(1): 22-27.
- Evans, Mike and Lisa Krebs with John Bogle, Bob Parris, and Heidi Standeven. A Brief History of the Short Life of the Island Cache. Solstice Series #2. 152 pages. Canadian Circumpolar Institute Press. Edmonton. 2004.
- Evans, Mike. "Ethics, Anonymity, and Authorship in Community Centred Research". Pimatisiwin: An International Journal of Aboriginal and Indigenous Health. 2.1. (2004). pp. 59 - 75.
- Evans, Mike, Robert C Sinclair, Caroline Fusimalohi, and Viliami Liava’a 2001 "Globalization, diet and health: an example from Tonga", International Bulletin of the World Health Organization 79(9): 856-862.
- Evans, Mike 2001 Persistence of the Gift: Tongan Tradition in Transnational Context Waterloo ON: Wilfrid Laurier University Press. (2.3 MB PDF)
Last reviewed 3/3/2014 3:43:52 PM