- BA (University of Victoria)
- MA (McMaster University)
- PhD (McMaster University)
- Urban Aboriginal Issues
- Métis History and Contemporary Issues
- Trans-national migration and globalization
- Regional Food Systems
Harris, Lindsey, Johannus Janmaat, Mike Evans, and Kenneth Carlaw "Negotiating the Frame for a Living Wage in Revelstoke BC: An Econ-Anthropological Approach", Human Organization (accepted March 2018).
Evans, Mike and Lindsay Harris 'Salmon as Symbol, Salmon as Guide: What Anadromous Fish can do for thinking about Islands, Ecosystems and the Globe', Shima 12.1 (2018): 1-12.
Cochrane, Logan, Jon Corbett , Mike Evans and Mark Gill "Searching for social justice in GIScience publications", Cartography And Geographic Information Science, 2016 (Available online Aug 2016)
Hole, R., Evans, M., Berg, L.D., Bottorff, J.L., Dingwall, C., Alexis, C., & Smith, M. "Visibility and voice: Aboriginal people's experiences of culturally safe and unsafe healthcare" Qualitative Health Research. DOI: 10.1177/1049732314566325(Available online, January 2015).
- Foster, Stephen, Mike Evans, and the Prince George Métis Elders Society. “Prince George Métis Elder’s Documentary Project: Matching product with process in new forms of documentary” Pp. 221-232 in Reverse Shots: Indigenous Film and Media in an International Context. Wendy Pearson and Susan Knabe (eds.) Waterloo: University of Waterloo Press, 2015.
Corbett, Jon, Mike Evans, Gabrielle Legault, and Zachary Romano "Relocating a sense of place using the participatory Geoweb: the Historical Document Database of the Métis Nation British Columbia" International Journal of Applied Geospatial Research. 6.1 (2015): 24-38.
Leunufna, Semuel and Mike Evans "Ensuring food security in the small islands of Maluku: A community genebank approach" Journal of Marine and Island Cultures (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.imic.2014.11.001
Evans, Mike, Kasondra White, Lawrence Berg, and the OUAHRC "'They think you're lying about your need': The Impact of Appearances on Aboriginal Health and Social Service Access" Canadian Journal of Native Studies. 34.1 (2014): 55-72.
Hutchinson, Peter, Carlene Dingwall, Donna Kurtz, Mike Evans, Gareth Jones, Jon Corbett "Maintaining the Integrity of Indigenous Knowledge; Sharing Metis Knowing Through Mixed Methods" International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies. 7.1 (2014): 1-14. Available at http://www.isrn.qut.edu.au/publications/internationaljournal/documents/volume7_number1_14-Hutchinson.pdf
Evans, Mike, Adrian Miller, Peter Hutchinson and Carlene Dingwall. “De-Colonizing Research Practice: Indigenous Methodologies, Aboriginal Methods, and Knowledge/Knowing”, in Oxford Handbook of Qualitative Research. Patricia Leavy (ed.) New York: NY, Oxford University Press, 2014. 179-191.
Ferguson, Hazel and Mike Evans, with the with the Northern Rivers Landed Histories Research Group. “Post-organic? The cultural dimensions of organic farming in the Northern Rivers of NSW” Locale: The Australasian-Pacific Journal of Regional Food Studies 3.1(2013): 1-28.
Evans, Mike, Jean Barman, and Gabrielle Legault, with Erin Dolmage and Geoff Appleby. “Métis Networks in British Columbia: Examples from the Central Interior” in Contours of a People: Family, Mobility and Territoriality in Metis History., edited by Nicole St-Onge, Carolyn Podruchny and Brenda Macdougall. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2012.
Evans, Mike, Chris Andersen, Devin Dietrich, Carrie Bourassa, Tricia Logan, Lawrence D. Berg and Elizabeth Devolder. “Funding and Ethics in Métis Community Based Research: The Complications of a Contemporary Context” International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies 5.1 (2012): 54-66.
Evans, Mike, Stephen Foster, Jon Corbett, Erin Dolmage, Joanne Gervais, Raquel Mann, and Zachary Romano. “Representation in Participatory Video: Some Considerations from Research with Métis.” Journal of Canadian Studies 43.1 (2009): 87-108.
Evans, Mike, Rachelle Hole, Lawrence Berg. Peter Hutchinson, Dixon Sookraj, and the Okanagan Urban Aboriginal Research Health Collective. Common Insights, Differing Methodologies: Towards a Fusion of Indigenous Methodologies, Participatory Action Research, and White Studies in an Urban Aboriginal Research Agenda. Qualitative Inquiry 15.5 (2009): 893-910.
- Evans, Mike, Marcelle Gareau, Leona Nielson, Lisa Krebs, and Heidi Standeven (eds) 2007 What it is to be a Métis. Prince George: University of Northern British Columbia Press. Originally published 1999 - reprinted April 2007.
- Wagner, John and Mike Evans, eds. 2007 Special Issue: Property and Ecology in Oceania. Special Issue of Human Organization, Human Organization 66(1).
- Evans, Mike 2007 “Property, Propriety, and Ecology in Contemporary Tonga” Human Organization 66(1): 22-27.
- Evans, Mike and Lisa Krebs with John Bogle, Bob Parris, and Heidi Standeven. A Brief History of the Short Life of the Island Cache. Solstice Series #2. 152 pages. Canadian Circumpolar Institute Press. Edmonton. 2004.
- Evans, Mike. "Ethics, Anonymity, and Authorship in Community Centred Research". Pimatisiwin: An International Journal of Aboriginal and Indigenous Health. 2.1. (2004). pp. 59 - 75.
- Evans, Mike, Robert C Sinclair, Caroline Fusimalohi, and Viliami Liava’a 2001 "Globalization, diet and health: an example from Tonga", International Bulletin of the World Health Organization 79(9): 856-862.
- Evans, Mike 2001 Persistence of the Gift: Tongan Tradition in Transnational Context Waterloo ON: Wilfrid Laurier University Press. (2.3 MB PDF)
Last reviewed 3/16/2018 11:27:01 AM