Associate Professor, Geography
- B.A. Hons
- M.A. (Ottawa)
Urban cultural geography; urban planning; sustainability of cities; morphogenesis; and geography of wine. Current research on the role of local culture in urban planning and sustainability in mid-size cities; changing landscapes of wine producing regions in Canada.
- SSHRC Aid to Small Universities: Terroirism and Winescape Iconography of the Okanagan (with Donna Senese)
- UBCO Grant in Aid Fund: Terroirism Defined: Wine Ecumene meets a globalised tourism industry in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia (with Donna Senese)
Selection of Publications
- (In progress) Wine Diffusion in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canadian Geographer (with Donna Senese).
- (In progress) The Process of Winescape Iconography in the Okanagan Valley, Journal of Cultural Geography (with Donna Senese)
- (2006) "Time to Grow Up? Kelowna's Changing Skyline", Planning West 48 (3)
- (1998) The Small Town that Grew and Grew and...: A Look at Rapid Urban Growth and Social Issues in Kelowna, BC. In Beitrage zur Geographie Kanadas II, C. Stadel (ed), Salzburg: Salzburger Geographische Arbeiten, 65-80.
Membership in Professional Associations
- Canadian Association of Geographers
- American Association of Geographers
- Planning Institute of British Columbia
Courses in Teaching Portfolio
UBC Okanagan Calendar Course Descriptions are available at available online.
- GEOG 128: Human Geography: Space Place and Community
- GEOG 250: Introduction to Urban Geography
- GEOG 255: Social and Cultural Geography
- GEOG 290: Introduction to the Geography of Canada
- GEOG 354: Urban Canada: Growth, Form and Structure
- GEOG 451: Urban Planning
Last reviewed 5/10/2013 5:26:38 PM
Community, Culture, and Global Studies
Irving K. Barber School of Arts & Sciences
The University of British Columbia Okanagan
3333 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7