Anthropology Student Union
Anthropology is the study of humankind. It studies all facets of society and culture. The anthropologist Eric Wolf once described anthropology as "the most scientific of the humanities, and the most humanistic of the sciences." The student-led and run anthropology course union operates as a resource and a means for UBC Okanagan anthropology students to meet and converse with each other. The union conveys awareness and helps to create an understanding of the important issues in the Okanagan and the world.
The anthropology student union encourages and helps students to achieve success in their anthropological endeavors. The experiences that are attained by joining the course union help to develop a diverse, variety of knowledge and awareness to not only the individual, but to the anthropology department and the UBC Okanagan campus as a whole. Our members are knowledgeable in all four disciplines of Anthropology: Archaeological, Biological, Linguistic and Cultural. Come join our group, it’s a whole lot of fun!
Membership is open for all, regardless of year or major
The ASU Weekly Meeting is held Thursdays 2 p.m. at the Well. If you are under 19 and want to attend please email us so we can adjust our location. Join our Facebook group (link on the side bar) to stay up to date and chat with others in the ASU!
The Anthropology Student Union engages in extra-curricular anthropological events and activities. The projects raise money for students to attend anthropology conferences, workshops and help to fund the Summer Field-School Scholarship. We hold bake-sales, pub night fundraisers and annual ski trips to Big White and Sun Peaks.
Last reviewed 3/26/2018 11:03:40 AM
Anthropology Student Union (ASU)
- President: Ricki-Lynn Achilles
- Vice President: Brianna Peacey
- Secretary: Georgia Armstrong
- Treasurer and PR: Jo Scofield
- Fundraiser Coordinator: Nominations open
- Weekly Meeting Minutes
- Canadian Anthropology Society
- Anthropologica : Journal of the Canadian Anthropology Society
- American Anthropological Association
- AAA Style Guide
- Society for Applied Anthropology
- Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Society for Medical Anthropology
- Society for Linguistic Anthropology
- Canadian Archaeological Association
- Canadian Association for Physical Anthropology